All listings for this product Buy it now Buy it now. Any condition Any condition.
See all About this product Product Information Published to coincide with the Ashes Test series between England and Australia, this is the extraordinary story of how the Invincibles turned the cricket pitch into a battlefield. Additional Product Features Author s.
Malcolm Knox is the former literary editor and award-winning cricket writer of the Sydney Morning Herald where he broke the Norma Khouri story, for which he won one of his two Walkley Awards. Show more Show less.
Editions of Bradman's War by Malcolm Knox
No ratings or reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.
- Bradman's War: How the Invincibles Turned the Cricket Pitch into a Battlefield.
- . - AbeBooks - Malcolm Knox: ;
- Algic Researches, Comprising Inquiries Respecting the Mental Characteristics of the North American Indians, Vol. 1 of 2 Indian Tales and Legends;
- Saying I Love You.
- Pandemics: What Everyone Needs to Know®?
- Bradman's War : Malcolm Knox : ;
Best-selling in Non Fiction See all. Peterson 6. Kiyosaki Paperback, Save on Non Fiction Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. You may also like.
Star Wars Hardback Fantasy Books. Hardback War Fiction Books. Cricket Hardback Sports Books.
- The Bradman albums : selections from Sir Donald Bradman's official collection /?
- Account Options;
- Conversation Techniques: 15 Strategies to Become a Better Conversationalist.
- Bradman's War : Malcolm Knox : ?
Their crushing victories under Bradman's captaincy wrote them into the record books, even if the Don himself, on his final tour, was left forever stranded on a Test batting average of But often forgotten are the mixed feelings about the manner in which these feats were achieved. In his absorbing account of the legendary tour, Malcolm Knox exposes the rift between players who had experienced the horrors of active duty, epitomised by the fiery but sporting RAAF pilot Keith Miller, and those who had not, such as the invalided Bradman.
Knox reveals the discomfort among the fans, commentators and players from both teams at Bradman's single-minded tactics, on and off the field.
- The Gypsy and the Poet.
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants.
- Remembering Queensland's Heroes | Queensland Cricket.
- HONOR AND FIDELITY: THE 65TH INFANTRY IN KOREA, 1950-1953.
- Remembering Queensland's Heroes;
- See a Problem?.
Bradman's ruthlessness, even against the war-ravaged veterans of the county clubs, scotched hopes that after the terrible realities of the war, the game might resume in a more friendly spirit than the angry competitiveness of Bodyline. While Bradman's War celebrates the talents of the likes Ray Lindwall, Sid Barnes, Lindsay Hassett, Bill Johnston, Arthur Morris and, of course, their irrespressible captain, it also considers what value we place on entertainment and good-naturedrivalryin competitive sport.
When it's winner takes all, what's left for those who love the game? Tour Statistics. Notes on Sources.